Pages

Monday 21 March 2011

What feedback did I get in my tutorial?

  When I had my tutorial with Mr. Michie he told me that my work was very good and I knew how to develop my point and my work showed a strong point of view. We discussed my knowledge of being able to describe a image, use a good range of vocabulary and how I had control the whole way through my piece. I also understand that I can write a sustainable piece of work but this is something that could be further improved.
   Therefore, we also discussed what I could develop in my work. This is so that next time I write, I can make sure that it is a quality piece of work that is sustainable throughout if it is a long piece of writing, meaning it's strong throughout the piece with no parts becoming 'droopy' and unclear. My main target was to proof read every piece of work part by part and to also keep note on my sentence structure. Then, to develop this target further, I was told to use simple sentences for shape, such as "I went to the shop and brought some sweets" or to use short sentences such as "stop." for effect on the reader. I also need to make sure that I close up my points before I start to discuss something new, explore simple sentences and make sure I have a variety of lengths of sentences. This is so that some of them are long flowing sentences, others are short and then others are of a simple kind. Instead of just doing this in the poem I have written below, I could also bring the effect into my prose writing which I will further develop and re-write soon.
   We then ended by saying about my choice of vocabulary. Whereas some of the vocabulary I choose to use has more of an emotional feeling, others I use sometimes aren't as appropriate and I should proof read my work so that I notice things like that. This means I have a chance to strengthen my vocabulary as well as my work piece.

My Final Target:
Vary sentence length in traditional writing and proof read, leave things for a few days and then come back to it and then make sure someone else reads my work.

No comments: